(Back to the menu - click here.)
Tuesday, 18. June 2013
Low resolution for MediaPlayer (Windows),
optimized for slow network-connection:
Low resolutions for MAC:
High resolutions video (any system with MP4-support):
15:15 – 16:17
The idea of the sensitivity of dynamic properties of fluids on the liquid-like or gas-like state of the system proposed in 
was a breakthrough in understanding the dynamic dissimilarities of supercritical fluids. For fluids a purely dynamic quantity
that was suggested to discriminate between the liquid-like and solid-like states is the so-called positive dispersion of collective
excitations and inealstic X-ray scattering (IXS) experiments proved this assumption . The experiments revealed that the
positive sound dispersion vanished at the thermodynamic point that could be treated as a continuation of the Widom line
(maximum of the specific heat Cp(p) dependence) into the supercritical region. Later on a theory of positive dispersion in
supercritical fluids  was constructed based on an analytical approach of Generalized Collective Modes (GCM) [4,5].
This theory revealed the leading role of non-hydrodynamic structural relaxation in positive sound dispersion.
In this talk recent results from simulations and theory of collective dynamics in supercritical Argon  and soft-sphere fluids
will be discussed and a comparison will be made with a recently proposed “rigid”-”non-rigid” fluid dynamic crossover .
1. F.A.Gorelli, M. Santoro, T. Scopigno, M. Krisch, and G. Ruocco, Phys. Rev. Lett. v.97, 245702 (2006).
2. G. Simeoni, T. Bryk, F.A. Gorelli, M. Krisch, G. Ruocco, M. Santoro and T. Scopigno, Nature Phys. v.6(7), 503 (2010).
3. T. Bryk,
4. I.M.Mryglod, I.P.Omelyan, and M.V.Tokarchuk, Mol. Phys. v.84 235 (1995).
5. T.Bryk, I.Mryglod, and G.Kahl, Phys.Rev.E, v.56, 2903 (1997).
6. F.A. Gorelli, T. Bryk, M. Krisch, G. Ruocco, M. Santoro and T. Scopigno, Sci. Rep. v.3, 1203 (2013).
7. V.V. Brazhkin, Yu. D. Fomin, A. G. Lyapin, V. N. Ryzhov, and K. Trachenko, Phys.Rev. E v.85, 031203 (2012).
<<<<<< Denna sida ändrades, den 13 december 2018 kl.22:56:41 >>>>>>